THIS EVENT IS BEING RUN ON ZOOM
Have you ever noticed how sometimes when you are writing, the more you struggle, the more difficult it is to find the words? Paradoxically, some of the best pieces are those that come with almost no effort. You may have wondered why some days you can sweat over the keyboard for hours, only to produce an awkward paragraph or two. On other occasions the words seem to appear like magic, without any effort. And amazingly these pieces can be your best work. So how can you call on this energy and exploit it more readily?
This informal, innovative and inspirational workshop is designed to unlock the barriers that may hold you back. Unconventional games and exercises will help you build confidence and fluency in an atmosphere of fun and discovery. You will learn to plug into your “creativity” – and exploit it at will.
Whether you want to write articles for social media, update the copy on your website, produce more exciting newsletters, more engaging presentations and proposals, or simply get those emails, reports and letters finished faster, this workshop explores skills you never realised you had.
The workshop is delivered by Judi Goodwin, a journalist and trainer with wide experience in national newspapers, magazines and BBC radio. Her impressive client list includes AstraZeneca, HM Prison Styal, The Bank of England, The Royal Mint.
The course is being run over two mornings from 9.30am until 1.00pm on Tuesday 27 and Wednesday 28 April, and the cost is £100+VAT for a Chamber member, and £125+VAT for a non-member
What you will come away with:
- You will feel more confident about yourself and your ability to communicate.
- You will look forward to writing jobs and tackle them with ease – even if writing has previously been a challenge.
- You will know how to engage readers, customers and clients by communicating in a more human way.
- Procrastination will be a thing of the past and you will produce more powerful text, often in less than half the time
- Particularly suitable for developing a personalised or “writing-with-attitude” style for blogging or social media, or for anyone wanting to make technical or financial copy more engaging.
What delegates say about Judi’s Zoom workshops:
“Inspiring, useful and so much fun. I didn’t think one could laugh so much with budding writers. The day flashed by.” Dianne Tooley, Office Manager
“I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your Zoom workshop yesterday. I thought it worked amazingly well. Of course there are things we miss by not having face to face contact, but given that we can’t just now we might as well make the most of the opportunities to do things differently. And it really opens it up to people who would find it difficult to attend in person.” Gail Boynton, Newcastle-on-Tyne
“Enjoyed today’s course. I think it will change the way I write and communicate for ever!” RG, Bank of England